- 5-6 lbs 3 Oaks beef bones (soup/marrow bones, soup/knuckle bones, oxtail, leftover roast bones)
- 1 lb 3 Oaks stew meat or cubed beef roast
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut in 3-4 pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut in 3-4 pieces
- 1 parsnip, cut in 3-4 pieces
- 1 head of garlic, sliced in half
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme or 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley or 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place beef bones, cubed meat, onion, and carrot on baking sheet, drizzle generously with olive oil, and roast for 45 minutes.
- Add roasted bones, meat, and vegetables to large stock pot.
- Add 1/2 cup water to roasting pan and scrape browned bits off pan. Carefully pour into stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to stock pot and cover with 1-2 inches of water.
- Simmer for minimum 3-4 hours or up to 6 hours for stronger flavor.
- Strain broth and store in sealed containers in fridge or freezer.
Total cooking time: 4-7 hours
Makes: 10 to 12 cups.